Wednesday 7 February 2018

Major Project | Glass Sculpting Techniques | Glass Blowing


Now that I have established the techniques I want to depict for each individual material I have begun to work on the technical process' applicable with each method. The first material is glass, which has three main techniques of sculpting and will take a the usage of Ncloth, particle dynamis and deformations in Maya to achieve an accurate representation. The first technique I am experimenting with is glass blowing, which will use a variety of Ncloth and air fields...




By constraining the glass object to a model working as a foundation, I can push air through the glass much like glass blowing, allowing the model to inflate and mold...


          


By developing this method that allows me to create a visual experience similar to glass blowing, I am going to be able to successfully depict this method of sculpting glass in the future work of this project.

The next experiments I am going to develop are the remaining glass based sculpting techniques, hot and cold glass sculpting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment