Tuesday 10 October 2017

Minor Project | Incorporating Components


After reflecting on the previous renders and what they were delivering in terms of aesthetic, I have decided to try and force more of the backstage elements of Maya into the foreground, starting with the models wireframe...


I think these wireframe renders really start to open a window into the internal workings of the software and how the program builds a structure from its foundations. It is also worth noting the difference in wireframe's belonging to models that have been tampered with less and those that have higher values in deform tools, the more 'broken' models show a much less dense wireframe and harbor small amounts of detail because the model is collapsing in on itself.

After producing these wireframe renders I turned to a different renderer, Maya Hardware 2.0, as I discovered that this particular renderer could include elements of the scene into the render, something that I have previously stated an interest in doing, as it will showcase more components in of software and its building mechanisms.

Rendered using Maya Hardware 2.0

Now although this render alone might not be as aesthetically pleasing in terms of shading or detail as those that have been produced using Mental Ray or Arnold, it does the necessary task of including working components in its product.

Because this type of rendering alone may lack the quality or detail I'm aiming for in my scenes it lead me to trying something new, in an attempt to combine a wireframe, Mental Ray and Maya Vector render into one finished product I took the renders into Photoshop and began layering them to see what the results would look like...


However experimental, I think these layered renders are fairly successful, as I feel that they are beginning to capture the essence of Maya that all my posts are mentioning. I'm extremely keen to somehow incorporate specific moments of Maya in more finished renders, it may be that some renders need different elements more than others and give off different results with different tools included. I feel that experimenting with more layered renders could be an interesting route to take, particularly if I focus on some more cinematic angles that potentially highlight a specific tool in Maya. 




No comments:

Post a Comment